Elon Musk Wiki, Age, Family, Career, Net Worth: Elon Musk is a South African-born American entrepreneur and business magnate. He is the CEO, lead designer, and founder of SpaceX, co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, and co-founder and CEO of Neuralink and The Boring Company. He is also known for his involvement in the founding of PayPal.
Elon Musk Wiki Biography Overview
|Article Name||Elon Musk Wiki|
|Full Name||Elon Musk|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1971|
|Weight||180 lbs (82 kg)|
|Ethnicity||White (South African, American)|
|Education||University of Pennsylvania|
|Early Life||Born in South Africa, moved to the US at age 17|
|Family||Parents divorced, one brother, two sisters, six children|
|Career||Co-founded Zip2 and X.com (PayPal), founded SpaceX, Tesla, Neuralink, and The Boring Company|
|Net Worth||$200 billion (2023)|
Elon Musk Education
Musk attended Pretoria Boys High School in South Africa before moving to the United States at age 17. He attended the University of Pennsylvania, where he graduated with a degree in physics and economics.
Elon Musk Date of birth, Age, Height, Weight, Ethnicity
Elon Musk was born on June 28, 1971. He is currently 51 years old. He is 6’2″ (1.88m) tall and weighs 180 lbs (82 kg). His ethnicity is White (South African, American).
Elon Musk Early Life
Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa, to a Canadian mother and a South African father. He spent his early childhood in South Africa before moving to the United States at age 17.
Elon Musk Family
Musk’s parents divorced when he was 10 years old. He has one younger brother, Kimbal, and one younger sister, Tosca. Musk has been married three times and has six children.
Elon Musk has been married three times. His first marriage was to Justine Wilson, whom he met while both were attending Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada. They married in 2000 and divorced in 2008.
Musk’s second marriage was to Talulah Riley, a British actress. The couple first married in 2010, but they divorced in 2012, only to remarry in 2013. They ultimately divorced for a second time in 2016.
Musk’s most recent relationship was with the musician Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher. The couple began dating in 2018 and had a son together in May 2020.
Elon Musk Career
After graduating from college, Musk moved to Silicon Valley and co-founded Zip2, a web software company. In 1999, Compaq acquired Zip2 for $307 million. Musk then co-founded X.com, an online payment company, which later became PayPal and was sold to eBay for $1.5 billion.
In 2002, Musk founded SpaceX with the goal of reducing the cost of space exploration and enabling the colonization of Mars. In 2004, he joined Tesla as chairman of the board and invested $70 million in the company. He became CEO in 2008 and has since led the company to become a leading electric car manufacturer.
Musk also founded Neuralink, a company focused on developing technology to merge human brains with computers, and The Boring Company, which aims to revolutionize transportation by building tunnels for high-speed transit.
Elon Musk Achievements and Award
- PayPal: In the late 1990s, Musk co-founded PayPal, an online payment system that became one of the most widely used electronic payment systems in the world.
- SpaceX: Musk founded SpaceX in 2002 with the goal of making space exploration affordable and accessible. Since then, SpaceX has successfully launched numerous rockets and spacecraft, and has developed reusable rockets that can land themselves back on Earth.
- Tesla: Musk is also the co-founder of Tesla, an electric car company that has been at the forefront of the electric car revolution. Tesla’s vehicles are known for their high performance, long range, and cutting-edge technology.
- SolarCity: Musk co-founded SolarCity in 2006, which is now one of the largest solar energy companies in the United States. SolarCity installs and maintains solar panels on homes and businesses.
- Hyperloop: In 2013, Musk proposed the concept of the Hyperloop, a high-speed transportation system that would use vacuum-sealed tubes to transport passengers and cargo at speeds of up to 700 miles per hour.
- Awards: Musk has received numerous awards for his work, including the Heinlein Prize for Advances in Space Commercialization, the Royal Aeronautical Society Gold Medal, and the George Low Award for Quality and Excellence in Space Flight.
- Future goals: Musk continues to work on ambitious projects, including the development of a fully reusable rocket system for SpaceX, the creation of a Neuralink, a company focused on developing brain-machine interfaces, and the construction of a high-speed transportation system called the Boring Company.
Elon Musk Net Worth
As of 2023, Elon Musk’s net worth is estimated to be around $200 billion, making him one of the richest people in the world.